Thursday, November 15, 2007

Worst Music Video


The reason that I do not like this music video is because of the song, her style and the topic of the song. I am not the kind of person that enjoys listening to punk or pop and Avril Lavene has in a complete disaster combined these two things to bring pain and torture to my ears every time I hear the song. I don’t mean to be stereotypical, but I just don’t like skater boys or girls for that matter. I don’t like the way they dress I just don’t understand the whole sweat band, spikes, and all the rest. I think that a lot of them are cool people after you get to know them, but they just put a type of ora that draws attention to themselves and that almost every time gets them labeled. The video goes on and in the end has a massive party in the street with the “hero” Avril Lavene throwing some kind of concert in the middle of the street on top of cars. Kids start running to this awful music like she is some modern day pied piper. The lyrics to these songs really have to application to me. That is part of the reason that I feel I do not like this song at all. I tend to listen to songs that I feel I can identify with the lyrics. It helps to draw you into the song and make it feel like it is a situation you have gone through or that could realistically happen to you sometime in your life. Me falling in love with some one and then them going into the professional music business do not seem to be in my near future plans. I also just do not like Avril’s style of music in general so it made it easy for me to already assume that I was not going to enjoy this music video one bit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will admit that Avril Lavigne is pretty horrible, but because she's fake, not because she's a punk. The real tragedy is her latest music video for "Girlfriend." If you're looking for a good punk band try some old Sum 41 and their old album "All Killer, No Filler." Lavigne is a horrible example of punk music, and I hope you don’t judge the genre by the standard she has set. She’s a pop princess in disguise. If you can’t stomach punk, try some hard rock, like Seether, or go Indie with bands like Bright Eyes or Tilly and the Wall.

eng 001: Language & Writing said...

Amen Ben, amen. I do not like this song or the style of music. I would venture to say that it is by far my least favorite style of music. I usually am a fan of pretty much all music but this stuff I can’t handle. I would have to agree with what you say in your post about just not liking the skater boy, skater girl style. I am sure that they are cool and fun and all but those attention demanding things that they wear and they way the ones that I have seen act just kind of bothers me. I agree with you ideas BenJAMIN.

eng001:Language & Writing said...

I’m going to suck up my pride here and be the first on this forum to say that I am a one time Avril fan. In her early years, she had a new sound that anyone has to admit that is a little fun. Of course the whole scenario of the concert in the middle of the street is a little unorthodox and would probably end up with a bunch of punk kids spending the night in jail… but it’s still a little fun. Anywho, she lost me when the last album came out… she completely lost what she started out being and joined Gwen Stefani.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I don't even know what to say about this. I can't stand Avril's music and this song. She seems to just act punk and wants to be punk but doesn't do a very good job at it. I also can't stand her Girlfriend song. Before every soccer game my senior year my team would sing her song and it would get stuck in my head. It drove me crazy because the whole game I would be singing it in my head. She definately shouldn't be singing because her songs are just annoying. I will admit when she first came out and no one really knew of her I did have a few of her songs on my ipod, but then she started making more songs and they weren't as fun as her first ones and then I just don't even know what to say about her anymore..
-krista